STATEMENT OF PURPOSE:
- ETM exists as an organism of churches that are of “like precious faith” supporting unity and fellowship of the Body of Christ.
- ETM provides assistance to train new Pastors, thereby adding strength to the local church, John 17:22-23, “That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast love me.”
- ETM is an organization that will assist member churches in training their members, using innovative methods that consist of, but are not limited to, workshops, seminars, revivals, etc.
- ETM will “be available” to assist member churches in resolving problems (financial, domestic, etc), to bring about harmonious relationships, thereby, producting fruitful churches.
- ETM can provide high caliber referral services for financial information, legal counsel, and tax law information for member churches.
- ETM may provide licensing and ordination for Pastors of member churches desiring such.
- ETM will provide a spiritual covering for member churches and Pastors. Each church maintains its inherent right to sovereignty in the conduct of its own affairs; yet, the churches are not alone since ETM shares the vision of the member churches.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF BELONGING TO ETM?
Many newly organized “Word of Faith” and “Full Gospel” churches were begun by the Holy Spirit through men who were from denominational settings. These men and women were ordained by those churches but lost their privileges once they became independent of said denomination.
SOME ADVANTAGES OFFERED TO CHURCH PASTORS ARE:
- Ordination and licensing.
- Fellowship with others of “like precious faith.”
- Spiritual and emotional covering by apostolic authority.
- Provide Spiritual Government, Direction and Assistance.
- TEAM EFFORT in ministry, Apostle Sims will know the strengths and weaknesses of each pastor and church and you will become part of a greater community. Your strengths will help others as theirs will help you.
- Prayer Support: Pastors and leaders also come together at the Annual ETM Prayer Retreat in January.
Stability is a large factor for people when they are determining where there family is to worship. If a local church demonstrates ties with other churches, it appears more stable in the eyes of those looking for a church home.
The advantages to the members are also important. ETM is a tremendous resource of information in areas such as:
- How do we start a children’s ministry?
- What advantages are there in having men’s and women’s ministries?
- What can be done to increase participation in the local church?
ETM staff may be requested to come to a local church and assist in area of Church and Administrative Order, Financial Structure, Legal Counsel, Prayer ministry, Christian Education, Music Ministry, Youth ministry, Praise ministry, and all other areas of need.
ARE THERE OFFICERS?
There are no “legal” or “corporate” ties to ETM except where ETM has provided ordination and licensing for Pastors and ministers. Our sole authority in that area is to withdraw ETM. Sanctioned ordination or licensing in the case of apostasy or sin in those so ordained or licensed. ETM does not interfere either directly or legally in your local operation, but is available to help in matters that require whatever wisdom or expertise we may have to offer.
WHAT IS THE STRUCTURE OF ETM?
Each local fellowship is an independent body, functioning in, voluntary cooperative effort with other members of ETM. The role of ETM is to be a coordinating and supportive body rather than a regulatory one. It is however, the belief of this organization that all Pastors must be ACCOUNTABLE to someone. In Scripture, that individual was usually an Apostle. In scripture, even the Apostle’s fellowshipped regularly to insure a continuity of doctrine.
It is expected by Scripture that Pastors and Ministers choosing to be ordained under ETM will submit themselves to proper biblical doctrine. It is further expected that those receiving guidance from ETM will give full credence and attention to advice and counsel from Apostle Beatrice Sims and such ministers as she sees fit to send to you as one who, “watches for your souls.”
ARE THERE FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITIES FROM CHURCHES TO THE ETM PARENT ORGANIZATION?
ETM is a component of each member church’s overall vision, yet it must be recognized as being an important as any other part.
ETM exists to provide services to its member churches to enhance their effectiveness. Everything ETM does is for the benefit of member churches, to assist them in achieving their optimum potential for Kingdom building. Since the level and quality of services we can provide are commensurate with our financial support, ETM recommends the following:
- A U.S. member church should either tithe from the Pastor’s salary or from the church’s income. In addition, we ask each church to pay $1.00 per member per month to ETM. We consider someone to be a member when they are faithful in attendance and not merely ‘holiday’ saints.
- Associate Annual Fee – If a fellowship wishes to remain under their own denomination they may continue to tithe to that denomination and pay an annual or monthly fee to ETM and thereby receive the same support and counsel as full members.
- Although ETM’s budget may increase from year to year, the number of churches will also increase, and, we hope, your church budget will also. In this manner, we trust that through the working of the Holy Spirit, all our needs will be abundantly met and all ministries will prosper.
- Tithes and offering will go into ETM’s Kingdom fund that support the furtherance of the ministry.
DO I AS A PASTOR OR MY CHURCH HAVE ANY OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES TO ETM?
Apostle Beatrice M. Sims, Pastor Duane Sims and Pastor Jerry Hardison need your input. They expect each Pastor or Affiliate to keep them informed of the status of their ministry and personal and professional lives. To be an effective covering they must know where you are in your personal and professional life.
Many ministries have fallen simply because someone was too embarrassed to discuss errors or problems with their covering. We cannot be effective if you fail to seek assistance for growing problems or concerns. A minor problem left unattended may become a more serious threat than a major problem dealt with quickly.
WHAT IS THE END-TIMES MINISTRIES?
ETM is a worldwide cooperative of fellowships that advocate preaching and teaching the uncompromised Word of God as contained in the Bible. It is not a denominational or sectarian affiliation, but a voluntary cooperation of ministries. It was organized in 1987 by Apostle Joseph L. Sims for the purpose of helping new and struggling churches receive quality training and guidance.
HOW DOES A PERSON OR MINISTRY BECOME A MEMBER OF ETM?
Request a membership application or download the PDF form:
Send form to:
End-Times Ministries, Int’l., 2355 Pennsylvania Avenue, Riverside, California 92507
If you have questions or require additional information, you may contact Elder Evelyn McGhee-Smith at: (951) 788-0170,